How to Program Ford Key Fobs
Usually, getting replacement car keys after losing them during your Collinsville errands means your problems are solved. However, with a new Ford key fob, you will likely need to program it to function with your Ford vehicle. If you need to learn how to program a Ford key fob, then you've come to the right place. Auffenberg Ford O'Fallon provides an easy-to-follow guide on Ford key fob programming!
Ford Key Fob Programming Instructions
Manually locking and unlocking vehicles is a thing of the past, and getting a new set of keys shouldn't prevent you from utilizing this important aspect of Ford Remote Access via your key fob. Check out these Ford key fob programming instructions to return convenience to your Fairview Heights drives:
- Ensure all car doors are closed. Then, open only the driver-side door, pressing the unlock button there.
- Place the key in the ignition, turning your car from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, ending the 8th time on RUN. You do not need to start the engine for this. The door locks should cycle from locked to unlocked. This will enter you into programming mode. (Note: If the doors don't cycle, try again, turning the key faster).
- Within 8 seconds of the door lock cycling starting, press any button on the Ford key fob you wish to program. The doors will cycle again to confirm the programming of remote keyless entry.
- Repeat the process for all additional key fobs, even ones that currently work for the vehicle.
- When finished, turn off your car. The locks may cycle again to signal that programming is finished.
Ford Key Fob Functionality
In addition to locking and unlocking your vehicle, some Ford key fobs have the functionality to remotely start your vehicle. Make sure to check out our guide on how to use Ford Remote Start. Drivers can also lock and unlock their vehicles via the FordPass smartphone app, especially useful during those pesky moments when you just can't remember whether you locked the car.
Get More Information at Auffenberg Ford North
Are you still having trouble with the Ford key fob programming process? Schedule a service appointment near Granite City at Auffenberg Ford O'Fallon for assistance! Our certified technicians can answer all of your questions and walk you through the Ford key fob programming steps.
Located in O'Fallon, IL
115 Regency Park - O'Fallon, IL 62269