Building a Winter Emergency Car Kit
Winter can be unpredictable in terms of weather, which is why it’s smart to build your winter car safety kit in advance if possible! The best car emergency kit includes a variety of items that will give you peace of mind on the Collinsville roads regardless of the season. The team at Auffenberg Ford North has prepared a guide of what exactly to include in your emergency tool kit for your car so you don’t have to do all the research! You’ll be ready to hit the Fairview Heights roads safely, thanks to your winter emergency car kit. Learn more with the service team at Auffenberg Ford North, and be sure to check out our other service tips and tricks!
What to Include in Your Winter Car Safety Kit
Winter weather can hit at any moment, so it’s important to be prepared for slick, icy roads and unpredictable snow showers. While we hope your vehicle doesn’t break down, it’s smart to prepare for the worst just in case – this includes keeping up with your regular maintenance schedule! See below to find out what we recommend Granite City drivers include in their winter car safety kits:
Include the following items in your emergency tool kit for your car to ensure you’re prepared for winter weather:
- Common winter items including gloves, a blanket, a rain poncho, rags, a pair of boots, and a hat. In the event of a snowstorm, you’ll want to keep warm.
- Items that will help in the event that you get stranded, including a flashlight, warning signaling cones, backup batteries, a safety vest, and roadside triangles.
- Battery cables
- Flat tire kit
- Ice scraper
- Portable shovel
- Basic first-aid kit
- Cell phone charger
What to Bring for Long Road Trips in Winter
The best car emergency kit will also include supplies for road trips or longer drives! Here are a few more items to include in your winter car safety kit that great for longer trips:
- Tow strap : If your Ford gets stuck in a ditch or a snowbank, you may need the assistance of another vehicle to help pull you out. Consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual for exact details about using a tow strap properly.
- Fire extinguisher : In the event of a small fire, it is helpful to have a fire extinguisher intended for automotive use.
- Long-lasting food and water : Pack granola, protein bars, water, and other long-lasting food and drink items for longer trips. These can last in your vehicle for about six months before they need to be replaced.
Prepare for Winter Driving with Auffenberg Ford North!
Now that you know more about what to include in your winter emergency car kit, you can traverse the Collinsville roads with peace of mind this winter. If you have more questions about what makes the best car emergency kit, don’t hesitate to contact our team at your convenience! And if you’d like to get your vehicle checked out before you head out on a winter road trip, schedule service today.